POSITION DESCRIPTION: Only those who deeply understand the user experience can create inspired designs for our successful and growing company. We need people who make, create, and build in their own lives and can authentically speak to this experience. Packaging Engineers develop solutions that balance strength and attractiveness with security and ease of access. They question convention and think creatively to continually exceed users' expectations and design innovative solutions that reinforce brand consistency.
Our tools are classic, authentic, and true to their fundamental purpose. Our company doesn't believe in gimmicks or marketing trends. We're looking for others who are guided by conviction rather than convention-bright, talented people who will enhance the user experience through intuitive packaging solutions.
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Product Director
- Advocate for the user in all product-related decisions
- Question convention and think creatively
- Direct the brand strategy of efficient, sustainable, and user-friendly packaging
- Further develop and reinforce the visual aspects of brand identity
- Cultivate long-term relationships with printing and packaging partners to develop efficient processes
- Track users' experiences with our products
EDUCATION: B.A./B.S. or equivalent experience in graphic design, packaging design, packaging engineering, or related fields
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experienced hand tool user with a deep knowledge of tools
- Strong aptitude for design in a broad sense
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, CAD/3-D modeling, and other industry standards
- Strong digital illustration skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of printing and packaging processes
How to Apply
Submit a completed application, along with any supporting documents, to email@example.com. To complete and save the PDF application, you must use Adobe Reader. If it's not already installed on your computer, you can download it for free from Adobe's website.Download Employment Application
Tekton, Inc. offers equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.